It is included Reading Test, Writing and Language Test, and a Math Test. It also has an optional essay component. >> Current SAT vs New SAT <<
Reading Test: The content of this part will focus on your learning in high school and knowledge you need in college. All of them are multiple choices.
Command of Evidence: This part will ask you to synthesize, interpret and find evidence from things in passages such as graphs, charts and passages. Basically, the test asks you to find evidence in passages you read that best support the answers you choose.
Words in Context: New SAT will focus on words and phrases you have found in many different areas. You may be required to use the context clues from things you read and figure out the meaning of those words without knowing the words before hands.
Writing and Language Test: You will be required to read, find mistakes and weaknesses and fix them. All questions are multiple choices.
Math Test: There will be 2 portions, Math Test-Calculator and Math Test-No Calculator. Most of the questions are multiple choices but some- called grid-ins. Math Test questions in New SAT , you will need to use several steps to solve for the answer since it implement from real life experience that one calculation is not enough to solve the problem. Math Test will focus on Algebra, Problem Solving and Data Analysis, and Passport to Advanced Math.
SAT Essay: This part is optional, you have 50 minutes to finish your essay. The task is similar to college writing assignment. The Essay part will test your Reading ability, your ability to Analyse and of course, your writing ability.
Good thing of New SAT: No penalty for guessing
107.50 USD (around 3,500 Baht)
International SAT Registration Fees
- SAT $43 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee (East Asia/Pacific) $53 = $96
- SAT with Essay $54.50 + Non-U.S. Regional Fee (East Asia/Pacific) $53 = $107.50
New SAT will start offering in Thailand in May 2016
Normally offers 6 rounds a year: May, June, August, October, November and December
- Bangkok Pattana International School
- British Columbia International School
- Concordian International School
- Harrow International School
- International Community School of Bangkok
- Keerapat International School
- KIS International School
- New International School of Thailand
- Ruamrudee International School
- Thai-Chinese International School
- Wells International School
3 hours and 45 minutes
Score is out of 1600 (800 for Math/ 800 for Evidence-Based Reading and Writing)
Optional Essay will be scored separately.
1 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Test (score 800)
- 65-minute Reading section
- 35-minute Language and Writing section
1 Math Test (score 800)
- 55-minute section with calculator
- 25-minute section without calculator
1 Essay test (optional) 50 minutes
Score is valid for 2 years.
- Total Scale ranging from 400 to 1600
- Scale ranging from 200 to 800 for Evidence-Based Reading and Writing; 200 to 800 for Math; 2 to 8 on each of three dimensions for Essay
- Essay results reported separately
America’s Best National Universities (Top 5 Ranking)
- Princeton University (NJ) SAT 25th-75th percentile = 1410-1590
- Harvard University (MA) SAT 25th-75th percentile = 1410-1590
- Yale University (CT) SAT 25th-75th percentile = 1410-1590
- Columbia University (NY) SAT 25th-75th percentile = 1390-1570
- Stanford University (CA) SAT 25th-75th percentile = 1380-1590
Reference : http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/data | Best Colleges 2014 Edition
|RANK||SCHOOL||Average Reading||Average Math||Average Writing||Average Composite|
|1||California Institute of Technology||760||785||755||2300|
|5||University of Chicago||746||746||726||2228|
|6||Massachussetts Institute of Technology||723||769||728||2220|
|6||Washington University in St Louis||730||755||735||2220|
|9||Franklin W Olin College of Engineering||721||758||717||2196|
|14||University of Pennsylvania||710||728||725||2163|
|21||Carnegie Mellon University||685||736||696||2117|
|22||The Webb Institute||690||750||670||2110|